Sunday, July 1, 2012

Swablu Crochet Pattern



Cute little swablu pattern, you can make this in an afternoon if you're dedicated! When I was putting away the leftover yarn from making Pansage, I saw some fluffy white yarn I'd used a long time ago. It reminded me of swablu's fluffy little wings! ^_^ So, here you go!
Note: Sorry I haven't posted in forever, I've been crazy busy and haven't had much time for crocheting >_< I found this pattern I wrote some time ago and realized I hadn't posted it! Hopefully I will have more time for pattern making soon! Enjoy!





Swablu is about 8 inches from wingtip to wingtip.

Materials
Blue yarn
Fluffy white yarn
regular white yarn
small amount of black yarn
yarn needle
fiberfill
G hook for all parts except eyes, use F hook for eyes


This pattern is worked continuously in rounds and uses these techniques:
Sc-single crochet
inc- increase
Dec-decrease, particularly I recommend the invisible decrease, check it out on google if you don't know how to do it, it makes the decreases less obvious
Dc- Double crochet
magic ring- if you don't know what this is I recommend googling it and learning it, it's one of the best techniques for making amigurumi/plushes. If you can't do the ring then just chain 2 and put the number of sc needed into one of the chs. But the magic ring makes it so that there is virtually no hole in the piece you're making, it's really worth learning!

Super important note!!!: This pattern is made with two strands of yarn held together as one, I usually do this as it gives you a bigger plush easily. Plus you can use a bigger hook and the pieces work up more easily. You can use one strand if you want, you'll just get a smaller plush. However you'll need to alter the pattern for the eyes to make them smaller. Just a heads up! Wings are made with one strand of yarn!

Body (blue)
R1: 6sc in magic ring (6)
R2: inc in all (12)
R3: *1sc, inc* repeat between * (18)
R4: *2sc, inc* repeat (24)
R5-10: sc in each sc (24)
R11: *2sc, dec* repeat (18)
R12: *1sc, dec* repeat (12) start stuffing
R13: *dec* repeat (6)
Finish stuffing and sew hole closed. finish off

Wing (make two in fluffy white yarn) Use only one strand of this yarn!
This is made with some fluffy yarn, picture below. It's a little hard to work with, my best advice is to count your stitches so you don't get lost! The hook will often get caught in the fluffyness so go slowly and be patient.
R1: 6sc in ring, pull into a half circle (6) ch1 and turn, working in rows
R2: *inc* repeat (12) ch1 and turn
R3: sc in each sc (12)
Now work along the flat side of the half circle
R4: sc across flat side, 7 sc (7) ch 1 turn
R5-8: sc in each sc, ch 1 turn (7)

*If you can't find fluffy yarn you could most likely get away with 3 or 4 strands of regular yarn held together. Then you could make it fluffy by using the hook side of velcro to pull on the yarn and fuzz it up.
This is what the yarn looks like, it's all twisty and fluffy, you should be able to find something like it at your local craft store.


Head feathery thingys (make 2 in blue)
Ch 10
sc in each sc starting with second from hook (9 sc total)

Beak (white)
R1: 4sc in ring (4)
R2: *inc, sc in rest (5)
R3: 3 increases, sc in rest, spread increases out (8)
don't have to stuff

Tail (blue)
R1: 4sc in ring (4)
R2: inc, sc in rest (5)
R3: 4 increases, sc in rest (9)
R4-5: sc in each sc (9)
finish off, flatten and sew to bottom, don't have to stuff

Feet (two in white)
Ch5
dc in 3rd chain from hook, dc in next two stitches (3dc total)

Eyes (can make in felt if you want)
In black:
ch4, sc two times in second chain from hook, sc, sc 3 times in last sc, work around the other side, sc, sc in starting ch (now it has 3 sc in it).
Slip stitch and finish off, Embroider white spot.




Swablu and Pokemon are copyright Nintendo. This is an original pattern made by me, please don't claim it as your own. It's not ok to sell this pattern or anything you make from it, I've made this pattern available for free so everyone can make their own! ^_^ Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! What other pokemon are you planning to make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm not sure, it depends on how much time I have ^_^ I have the bad tendency to start one and then start another... >_<

      Delete
  2. This is adorable I am going to start on this right away. Do think you could make and Altaria too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you have any trouble with the pattern. Altaria would also be really cute to make, I might do it sometime in the future but I'm not sure when/if I'd get to it. I don't know if I have enough of that fluffy yarn left >_<

      Delete